A funny thing happened to me today. From the moment I awoke this morning, up until this moment has been a nightmare. Everything I was involved in seemed a bit off kilter. Everything I read didn’t make sense or ended up being a lie. I was honked at, as if it were my fault that he cut me off. Found out a friend’s Father died, the Power went out during a storm, as I was ordering dinner. The Register at the Grocery store broke after I loaded a full cart of items on to the conveyer belt. It was one of the worst, no injury days I’ve had. As a result, I had a short fuse and a bit of a temper and I probably took it out on those around me. So, when I’m in this kind of rut, I like to end the day as early as I can so I can start a new course. I had planned on taking some sleeping pills to end this miserable day early . . . but I clicked on one more link to read.
The link lead me to the “Text of H.R. 1586: FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act” I like to skim all the way down the article to see what kind of nuggets I can find and then I start reading the whole bill. But as I was scrolling down toward the bottom, I found a very interesting section which contradicted the media and our Representatives. This passed week, I’ve read a dozen times that they cut food stamps and some other garbage to realocate funds in order to cover UNION TEACHERS, but guess what: THEY LIED. The link above will bring you to the bill, which told me a different story. Here are just a few things that are being cut in the middle of 2 wars.
Sec. 301. There is rescinded from accounts under the heading ‘Department of Agriculture–Rural Development’, $122,000,000, to be derived from the unobligated balances of funds that were provided for such accounts in prior appropriation Acts (other than Public Law 111-5) and that were designated by the Congress in such Acts as an emergency requirement pursuant to a concurrent resolution on the budget or the Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act of 1985.
Sec. 302. Of the funds made available for ‘Department of Commerce–National Telecommunications and Information Administration–Broadband Technology Opportunities Program’ in title II of division A of Public Law 111-5, $302,000,000 are rescinded.
- ‘Aircraft Procurement, Army, 2008/2010’, $21,000,000;
- ‘Procurement of Weapons and Tracked Combat Vehicles, Army, 2008/2010’, $21,000,000;
- ‘Procurement of Ammunition, Army, 2008/2010’, $17,000,000;
- ‘Other Procurement, Army, 2008/2010’, $75,000,000;
- ‘Weapons Procurement, Navy, 2008/2010’, $26,000,000;
- Other Procurement, Navy, 2008/2010’, $42,000,000;
- ‘Procurement, Marine Corps, 2008/2010’, $13,000,000;
- ‘Aircraft Procurement, Air Force, 2008/2010’, $102,000,000;
- ‘Missile Procurement, Air Force, 2008/2010’, $28,000,000;
- ‘Procurement of Ammunition, Air Force, 2008/2010’, $7,000,000;
- Other Procurement, Air Force, 2008/2010’, $130,000,000;
- ‘Procurement, Defense-Wide, 2008/2010’, $33,000,000;
- ‘Research, Development, Test and Evaluation, Army, 2009/2010’, $76,000,000;
- ‘Research, Development, Test and Evaluation, Air Force, 2009/2010’, $164,000,000;
- ‘Research, Development, Test and Evaluation, Defense-Wide, 2009/2010’, $137,000,000;
- ‘Operation, Test and Evaluation, Defense, 2009/2010’, $1,000,000;
- ‘Operation and Maintenance, Army, 2010’, $154,000,000;
- ‘Operation and Maintenance, Navy, 2010’, $155,000,000;
- ‘Operation and Maintenance, Marine Corps, 2010’, $25,000,000;
- ‘Operation and Maintenance, Air Force, 2010’, $155,000,000;
- ‘Operation and Maintenance, Defense-Wide, 2010’, $126,000,000;
- ‘Operation and Maintenance, Army Reserve, 2010’, $12,000,000;
- ‘Operation and Maintenance, Navy Reserve, 2010’, $6,000,000;
- ‘Operation and Maintenance, Marine Corps Reserve, 2010’, $1,000,000;
- ‘Operation and Maintenance, Air Force Reserve, 2010’, $14,000,000;
- ‘Operation and Maintenance, Army National Guard, 2010’, $28,000,000; and
- ‘Operation and Maintenance, Air National Guard, 2010’, $27,000,000.
Sec. 304. (a) Of the funds appropriated in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (Public Law 111-5), the following funds are rescinded from the following accounts in the specified amounts:
- ‘Operation and Maintenance, Army, 2009/2010’, $113,500,000;
- ‘Operation and Maintenance, Navy, 2009/2010’, $34,000,000;
- ‘Operation and Maintenance, Marine Corps, 2009/2010’, $7,000,000;
- ‘Operation and Maintenance, Air Force, 2009/2010’, $61,000,000;
- ‘Operation and Maintenance, Army Reserve, 2009/2010’, $3,500,000;
- ‘Operation and Maintenance, Navy Reserve, 2009/2010’, $8,000,000;
- ‘Operation and Maintenance, Marine Corps Reserve, 2009/2010’, $1,000,000;
- ‘Operation and Maintenance, Air Force Reserve, 2009/2010’, $2,000,000;
- ‘Operation and Maintenance, Army National Guard, 2009/2010’, $1,000,000;
- ‘Operation and Maintenance, Air National Guard, 2009/2010’, $2,500,000; and
- ‘Defense Health Program, 2009/2010’, $27,000,000.
This is after they cut defense spending budget earlier last month. Their one duty that is spelled out in our Constitution and they are cutting that before other wasteful bills that supply millions of dollars for research on mating habits of the Pelosi field mouse.
Remember when we first got into the war, after 911, and the Regressives complained that we didn’t have the right equipment? That Rumsfeld was sending our sons and daughters to their death with inferior armor and weapons? How can this 111th Congress have the testicular fortitude to cut major military funds during 2 wars for non federal teachers, after the fuss they made in the Bush years? Why couldn’t they use a portion of the $400 BILLION from the stimulus bill that has yet to be spent? Remember when that ultimatum: Pass it or we’re doomed? I don’t know about you, but I’m getting tired of the fear tactics. If when you drove a car, you had to shift into “D” for DOOMED, who in their right mind would drive?
If they’re policies are so good, whey must they LIE about everything? Why do Democrats run as Conservatives and then get into office, spend lots of money and strip our military before anything else? I can promise you one thing, if we were conservative in our policies, we wouldn’t have any of this trouble that we are facing. But when the economy is going great, people relax and spend freely. It’s that moment when people begin to want the finer things and begin to splurge or waste their funds. They vote for liberals (and sometimes RINOs) to spend the surplus and spread the wealth around. But when times are tough, everyone becomes more conservative. You see, Conservatism isn’t a party, it’s a philosophy. Everyone who’s gone through the great depression knows what Conservatism is. It’s when you have $10 in your pocket, you only spend $1 and save the rest incase a Marxist get elected. And when they are elected, everyone is a target. They pit neighbor against neighbor to scare you into giving in to their demands. Only full cooperation will be acceptable. If you have too much, they take it and give it to your unfortunately lazy neighbors. If you work hard, they tell you to slow down so that they don’t look bad. If you go behind their back, they will put you in the poor house, or as they did in Europe, in a shallow grave.
When something doesn’t make sense, there is always a lie involved. Take money from citizens to spend it so that citizens can have money? But when they need to cut their budgets, they do it in the most peculiar fashion: by cutting military funds first. If it’s a city, they cut police and firefighters first so you can feel the pain and accept a tax hike. If you believe in the theory of Relativity, then nothing that is happening makes any sense. If I can’t pay my bills, I do not cut food first? I don’t sell the tires on my car because I will need my car with tires to get to work on time. I don’t cut off the water so I can continue my cable subscription with all the channels including the sports package. Nobody starts a diet to lose muscle and keep their fat. Our Government does and they have been doing it for over 80 years.
We better take our country back this November and bring responsible adults to the table. Lets Teach these unaccountable spend-a-holics what happens when you trash our constitution, free of charge. No more $40 billion bills supporting failures! No more mystery candidate theater. No more deal makers who sell out everyone except themselves. No more empty promises! No More repenting after spending, or supporting Mosques at Ground Zero, or overturning 7 million voters, no more czars, or vacation 27 hours after returning from a vacation! NO MORE!
Lets all become teachers and give these clowns a free lesson on who’s boss: We The People.
I feel better now, maybe I can finally end this miserable day. Sweet dreams of November.
“An unlimited power to tax involves, necessarily, a power to destroy; because there is a limit beyond which no institution and no property can bear taxation.”
– John Marshal